Monday, March 19, 2012

Antiqued chalk paint end table - French ephemera graphic image

This week I am loving earth tones. Muted greens, greys, cement, stone...love it!

This was yet another one of my junky Hermanus finds! I love the scrolly detail and the cut outs on the side!!


Here is the finished table!
Sorry it did'nt photograph too well. I am still getting to know my new Canon camera!


I used a paint colour called City Fog by Plascon, a lovely muted grey. I mixed the paint with plaster of paris in powdered form to get the chalky appearance. I distressed the table in all places where it would naturally become worn over time. I transferred an image that was part of an 1890's invoice for a French Corset maker from The Graphics Fairy!! To finish it off, I used some wood stain in Mahogany and rubbed this all over to create that antiqued effect......and there ya go!!







e-voke...to create a -new!





1 comment:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips