Then I remembered that I had digital images of 1918 French documents and I knew it would be perfect for the top of this table. I sanded back the rest of the table and slapped on some all purpose primer. When the primer was dry, I gave this gal a few coats of moody blue colour. When the paint was dry, I started the decoupage of the table top using my 1918 French documents.
When I reviewed my handy work, I did'nt quite like the straight perfect lines (give me imperfect anyday!) so I tore some of the paper into strips, making sure I was getting a tattered edge. I then applied the tattered strips around the edges of the table top. I love the result!
Now, this gal was ready for some "distressment". I shaved some of the paint off in areas concentrating on the edges of the legs. I then remembered that I had an acanthus leaf applique, I attached it to the front with some 'No more nails' adhesive, then I gave it the same moody blue colour. Finally I applied antique glaze, rubbing off any excess as I went along. Now she is perfect ((*_*))
e-voke...to create a -new!