Sunday, March 25, 2012

Shabby Chic Cabinet Make Over

This week I felt like this!!!


WHY???

Compared with last week's success with transfers, I am hopelessly incompetent this week...LOL
Several Oopsies, rescue missions and mop up operations left my nerves hanging on a thread!!!

What with all my oopsies, cleaning house, cooking, listing items for sale, shipping and doing the post office run (I sold the French provincial end table the same day it got listed), I felt like a computer processing multiple inputs at the same time!!!

Anyhoo! I was hoping to finish my coffee table re-do to show you. This gal is now covered with a cloth 'cos I can't bear to look at the latest transfer FLOP....Grin...

I did manage to finish my cabinet at least, this was after yet another transfer effort turned pear shaped and unable to sleep, mind racing, I got up at 3am to do a decoupage rescue mission instead.

Now I can't find the before picture...oh lawdie...let me check on my other memory card! Found it!!!!


Here she is after a few coats of my fave moody blue colour!!! Before I discovered chalk paint!!!


Here she is finally in her new guise!!!


I distressed the heck out of her, added some mahogany stain, screwed in some brass drawer pulls, door knobs and key plates I had left over from other projects. The 3am decoupage was done with the same night poem;excuse the Pun, I used for my Glamour girl end table and the scraggly edges I did with some sheet music.

To the top I added my mid-century canisters, an old crock that holds teaspoons, a blue and white jug with blooms from my garden, my chalkboard, cheese dome, my Rooster milking stool and a yardage of French, red stripe linen , I am wanting to make into tea towels....and a little green heart adorns one of the knobs.

  


I came, I saw, I shot....Hi-Ya!!!!



e-voke...to create a -new!



4 comments:

  1. Really lovely! And that little green heart really stands out! Thank you so much for the follow! Every new follower is an excitement for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a little table that's gone wrong, and I can't bear to look at it - unfortunately I haven't had the inspiration to correct it yet !
    Your cabinet is great, love the distressing and the decoupage, and the whole vignette is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Fiona. I finally plucked up the courage to tackle that coffee table....so far..so good! Hoping to share it soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sumaya - I absolutely LOVE, love, LOVE how this turned out! I love the color and the old papers inside look perfect for it! Is that some sheet music I sent you? I'm so glad you started blogging so I can see what you do with everything!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips