Sunday, April 29, 2012

Freedom Day quick projects

I want to thank all you Awesome peeps who came over from Angie - Knick of Time to say 'Hi' and to welcome this newbie to Blogland:)

```````````````````````````````````````````

Friday was Freedom Day to commemorate the first democratic elections held in South Africa on 27 April 1994. So I made use of the day off to finish 2 quick projects. A bread basket and a bread board with graphic images!!!

1. Bread Basket


I was inspired by Angie's Antique Farmhouse Bread Basket but because I don't have a wired basket {YET}. I decided to repurpose a simple ply-wood box.

Here's how I did it:

I gave the box 2 coats of my greige colour in my home made chalk paint. I used The Graphics Fairy's French sign from Here. I printed the sign, attached it to the inside of the box with masking tape, face down and went over it with a lead pencil to transfer the image. I used a partial image for the sides!


Here it is with image transferred!


Then I went over it with my ink pen!

This left me with a very crisp image, but because I love the vintage, distressed look, I decided to rough it up a bit!
I distressed it and added my mahogany wood stain!

Then I had some doubts...help me out here....Is the crisp image better?




2. Bread Board

I used the same transfer method as the bread basket, distressed the image and then added a coat of mahogany wood stain!

 I used The Graphics Fairy's French sign from  Here.




Linking up to http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ brag Monday



e-voke...to create a -new!




4 comments:

  1. I personally like the more 'blurred' look on these types of projects but that's just me. I think whatever YOU like best is what matters.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips