Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thrifty Finds

I am so excited to share some thrifty finds with you today!

I haven't been out thrifting in ages and when I finally hit the fleamarket this morning, look what I brought back! I've only been wanting one of these like FOREVER!
 
And to think I almost stayed home because a fierce wind is howling again today!
 
 
 
This little cabinet is the perfect fit for my niche next to the livingroom window. Its badly banged up with blemishes from a life long lived. But at $44 and with good bones, I could not pass it up! The mirror on the inside is cracked, but I will replace the broken mirror with old book pages or sheet music. I can't wait to get cracking with my CeCe Caldwell paint that I got from Shelly of Shizzle Design.
 
 
 
 
 
Some time ago I bought 2 of these numbered bath house caddies on a local online auction! I love the history of this piece. It belonged to the 1908 Long Street Bathhouse.  These were handed to patrons to store their personal items while they enjoyed a bath.
 
You can find a similar one at Old Friends Antiques on Etsy. Mine only cost me $15 each. This one on Etsy is a whopping $165. Here is another one for only $75 from Thevrose.
 
I am waiting for inspiration...any ideas?
 
 
 
 
And then this lovely gate with such awesome patina and of course a little rust...(smile!). I love the heart scrolls. I would like to incorporate it in my kitchen re-model somehow....not gonna happen very soon though!
This gate cost me $40.
 
 
I hope you found some cool junque this weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. What beautiful finds!LOVE that gate!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. that gate is amazing...how you going to use it? It can be hung from the ceiling as a pot rack, or on the wall with hooks on it for cups and spoons, or just plain wall decor. It's great!
    debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbi,

      I love all your cool ideas! Pot rack....hmmm, I can absolutely picture that to be quite charming!

      xx
      S

      Delete
  3. I think anybody that sees your post will be thinking how we could use your awesome finds. Wish we had a place where I live (COlorado), to find things like you did. They're really great.
    I would so love to be able to visit where you live. There's another blogger in your area that shows such incredible pictures. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with your cabinet and other goodies you found.
    Happy Week Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Patti from Cabinwindows on Etsy sent me some amazing pictures once of Colorado where she lives in a real wood cabin in the mountains! I want to visit your place too:)

      Happy week too!
      xx
      S

      Delete
  4. Good thriftin for sure! Great price on the cabinet. Can't wait to see it made over. I love the bath house basket and the gate. Perfect amount of rust. I think the basket would be so cute just lined with burplap and used to hold toliet paper.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha...I love the idea for the basket. I never thought of that!:)

      Thanks Jann...

      hugs too
      Sumaya

      Delete
  5. The cabinet is beautiful and perfect for a paint project. What a bargain! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to get started and torn between going neutral or using color!

      Thanks Jennifer!:)

      Delete
  6. That cabinet is going to be gorgeous, it has some lovely details just waiting to be brought out. And the bath house caddy, that's not just wonderful, it's also a piec of history! What a lovely find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the lovely details that made me snap it up.

      Thanks bunches!:)

      Delete
  7. looking forward to see how you put this cool junk to use...
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope its gonna be soon. Being a working gal, I take far too long to finish my projects...:)

      Thanks Bec!:)

      Delete
  8. I am loving your junk and that iron scrolly thing..oh its beautiful as just a wall hanging...Now that cabinet is gonna look spectacular painted...its gonna make those details just POP right out! I can't wait to see it when its done! Its gonna be BEAUTIFUL!
    Hugs
    Karin
    www.artisbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great junk ... you will have fun decorating with those. The cabinet is a wonderful piece and the bath house wire basket could hold rolled towels in your bathroom. I really like that piece, of course, I love wire baskets of all sorts.
    Thanks for sharing your finds.
    Audrey Z.
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. The heart scrolls on the gate are so pretty! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips